The First Step Your Initial Case Assessment (“ICA”)
Your family law matter is important to you, so it's already
important to us.
The first step we'll take together is conducting your Initial Case Assessment, which helps us get to know you, and identify your legal goals, so we can ensure our firm is the right fit for your distinct needs. We know this time of change and uncertainty can be scary, but your ICA will be an enlightening experience – an opportunity to envision the future you want to build and to map out the road to get there. During this stage, we’ll arm you with the knowledge you need to be confident about moving forward, outline your options, and recommend what we think is right for you — whether that means working with us or seeking alternative counsel.
- Initial Case Assessments are between 60 and 90 minutes and can be done in person, via phone, or on a video call.
- Before your Initial Case Assessment, you’ll speak with a Client Relationship Manager over the phone, who will gather the basic facts of your case and ask you about your goals for your legal matter, and life after your case is resolved. This meeting can last up to an hour and is a significant step in getting to know you, and ensures you can focus your time with an attorney on figuring out the best path forward.
- When it’s time for your ICA, you'll meet with our Client Relationship Manager and one of our qualified attorneys to identify your goals for legal representation and for life after your case is closed. Everything discussed is confidential, and we listen closely, asking for clarification when needed.
- As we get to know you and learn about your case, we’ll give you an overview of the legal process, review your options, and answer your questions. We’ll provide an honest assessment of your chances for success (however you define it), and strategize with you about the best way(s) to proceed.
- You’ll leave your case assessment with a better understanding of the road ahead, feeling empowered to make informed decisions both now and into the future.
Schedule Your Initial Case Assessment
How Much Does it Cost?: The case assessment cost of $450 is an investment in your future and that of your family’s. This meeting is critical in understanding your legal options and guiding your family law case towards a positive resolution.